Cement/cinder block problem with home inspector. What to do?

Hi. After many months of being on the sale market my condo has finally got a buyer BUT we found we are not 'home free" yet in that the inspection done this week left the potential buyer with questions about our cinder block exterior.
Apparently it was "sealed" when it was first built 7 years ago but has never been sealed since. The twin building next door was sealed this year at a cost of $10,000.00 (special assessmemt.) Our building chose to do tuckpointing instead as the tuckpointer told the ass'n. that sealing is a waste of money.
We have had no moisture problems from the cinder blocks but we have had some wind swept water come in on the side through the window frames which have been re-done.
Can you think of anything we can do to reassure this would-be buyer that our cement/cinder block side wall construction (6 flat) is ok? As the whole cinder block construction as it is a "common element" - therefore we can't make promises for the condo ass'n. as we are only one unit among six.
Thanks very, very much for any advice as we are totally worn out and don't know what to do at this point when we thought we had a sale and now it may be slipping away.
Bee bumble wrote:

Do you have any information - brand name, material name, appearance - on the sealing done to your sister building? I am guessing the building walls are one block thick with gyp board interior - correct? TB
Hi, It just looks like they painted it with a sealer of some sort. Where before the cinder blocks looked rather rough and unfinished, they now have a nice sheen to them - like they have been polished. I think that's all they did - no other work - just a sealer coat. It is considered a "Cadillac" job - i.e., the most expensive treatment they could get. Thanks for responding!

Are you dealing with a realtor or directly with the buyer? All you can do is keep pressing your contact (be it realtor or buyer) that there is no problem and that the building doesn't need to be sealed. You may wish to contact a couple of people in the building trades, like an architect or structural engineer who can attest to this.
I'm surprised the buyers realtor isn't pressing them on this (or maybe he/she is). I didn't realize this type of construction was supposed to be sealed - or is it?
If you are in a cold climate, I would think that sealing the exterior would be a negative, similar to the Dryvit problems. The interior humidity would be trapped inside the structural wall.
Bill