Ceiling, Strapping before/after vapor barrier

Hi,
I live in Quebec, Canada. I have seen that usually, the vaport barrier is installed first and then the strapping.
However, somebody was telling me that the strapping could be installed first, then the vaport barrier and then the gyproc.
For a ceiling, is there any problem or disadvantage in installing the strapping first, then the vapor barrier and then the gyproc....as opposed to installing the vapor barrier first, then the strapping and then the gyproc ?
Thanks