Built in 1843, in France. Would you buy it?

Built of stone, decorated, refurbished etc. Lots of things going for it, however, 1843 is 1843! Would you buy such a house? What should I look for? Thanks in advance. nobody
nobody wrote:

A lawyer and an inspector.

I'd look for unexploded artillery shells in the yard.
Steve.

I prefer the exploded Muslims. You know they won't be a problem anymore.
Seriously, there was an article in Smithsonian several years ago about the bomb squad that works for the French Dept of Interior and how they get very regular calls, mostly from farmers plowing their fields, when WW1 and WW2 ordnance shows up. There is an old French fort (forget the name) where they showed piles of shells that had been collected.
Just not sure what kind of answer the OP was expecting - it's a building and it gets checked out just like a building that is 10 years old. Is it falling down? Major repairs needed?
The only 1843 issue I can think of is if they want to do a major remodeling and it is classified as a Historic Building.
Steve.

Just poke around with one of those 6' steel digging bars...
Is the question really, "Would you *never* buy an 1843 building in France?"
If so, no, in the "yes we have no bananas" sense.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
"nobody" wrote in message