building with birch?

Has anybody any experience in building post & beam houses or other large structures using birch? I'm asking because I may have an opportunity to harvest a lot of birch trees around 6"-12" in diameter from a parcel of land that's slated to be cleared.
Thanks, Reid

I don't have any first hand experience with large birch stuff, but Yellow and Paper Birch aren't very decay resistant, and they move a bit more than most woods with seasonal changes. Neither should be a problem if you pay attention to the construction details and you let the logs dry long enough.