building materials

Just out of curiosity, what fraction of a home's cost do building materials typically represent?

Thank you.

Reply to
bob

There are always exceptions and I hate generalities.

That said, it does never cease to surprise me how often materials and labor split amazingly close to 50/50. ___________________________ Keep the whole world singing. . . . DanG

Reply to
DanG

Depends on the style of home being built. As well as the overall design.

Reply to
richard

The extremely rough rule of thumb I've seen is about 1/3 materials and 2/3 labor. Doesn't mean it's right, just the numbers I've seen and which seem to come out in the ballpark on the small projects I've done.

Steve.

Reply to
SteveF

thanks

regards games online free

Reply to
iibm2323

Hi Bob,

A good rule of thumb for material percentage of a new home project is between 42-45%. This is typical and does not include decks. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Larry J Clark

snipped-for-privacy@coolgroups.com wrote:

Reply to