building materials

Just out of curiosity, what fraction of a home's cost do building materials typically represent?
Thank you.
There are always exceptions and I hate generalities.
That said, it does never cease to surprise me how often materials and labor split amazingly close to 50/50. ___________________________ Keep the whole world singing. . . . DanG

Depends on the style of home being built. As well as the overall design.

The extremely rough rule of thumb I've seen is about 1/3 materials and 2/3 labor. Doesn't mean it's right, just the numbers I've seen and which seem to come out in the ballpark on the small projects I've done.
Steve.
thanks
regards <a href=http://www.freewebs.com/unificationwarss/ games</a> <a href=http://www.megspace.com/computers/wars/ online</a> <a href=http://www.geocities.com/fiercy02 free</a>
Hi Bob,
A good rule of thumb for material percentage of a new home project is between 42-45%. This is typical and does not include decks. I hope this helps.
Regards,
Larry J Clark www.abshomes.com