Brick veneer over brick chimney

Is it possible to apply brick veneer to a brick chimney on the side of a house? We would like to cover the red brick with grey brick veneer to match our grey siding?
Is it possible to apply brick veneer to a brick chimney on the side of a house? We would like to cover the red brick with grey brick veneer to match our grey siding?
dba56 wrote:

Thanks very much for the responses. So it appears that the answer is that in fact it is possible. The cultured stone is very nice and will work according to the site. I will look also look at the possibility of using a mesh or lath for affixing the brick veneers. I guess I will also have to make sure that the current chimney is structurally sound to support any of these options. Thanks again.

So, paint it. Or apply a "cultured stone" product. http://www.culturedstone.com /
--
NuWave Dave in Houston

In the UK you would use "brick slips". Not sure what they are called in your country. They are a bit like brick tiles. ...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=brick+slips
Typically a mesh or similar is fixed to the wall then the brick slips are stuck on. Finally they are "pointed" - a UK term for filling the gaps with mortar.
You may want to apply a metal lath screen, apply a scratch coat of mortar and then mortar on the face brick. Just a thought Lou