Breaker problem? Devices turn off and ceiling lights flicker.

I have a problem. It started a long time ago; when our mini fridge in the b asement would stall for a second and start up again (This is expected behav ior). When this happened, the lights would flicker slightly. Fast forward a few years, and this problem has tripled. When the fridge stalls and starts again, the lights in the basement will buzz and flicker. Not only this, bu t the internet router would stop working sometimes as well. My desktop comp uter would buzz loudly when this happened. I turned off the mini fridge, bu t now whenever I turn a device on, the power dips again. Could this be a pr oblem with the basement's breakers? please help. Thanks in advance.
Is the starter motor getting old, or not turning and thus causing wire's to overheat and affect the breaker? It sounds like a motor problem, and after years of this, could have affected the breaker? I would unplug the frig. and see what happens. If the problem continues, it is something else....breakers? short? Sounds like there is a load on the service going to the frig. motor slow, causing problems..... john
wrote in message
I have a problem. It started a long time ago; when our mini fridge in the basement would stall for a second and start up again (This is expected behavior). When this happened, the lights would flicker slightly. Fast forward a few years, and this problem has tripled. When the fridge stalls and starts again, the lights in the basement will buzz and flicker. Not only this, but the internet router would stop working sometimes as well. My desktop computer would buzz loudly when this happened. I turned off the mini fridge, but now whenever I turn a device on, the power dips again. Could this be a problem with the basement's breakers? please help. Thanks in advance.

How old? Do you have aluminum wiring?
Check wires are tight at the breaker, and outlets.
You definitely have an overloaded circuit.