Bob Morrison

I know several here knew Bob Morrison from his posts in this ng. I realized recently that I hadn't heard from him in a while (we had corresponded a fair bit off-line) and I checked his blog and saw nothing recent. So, I did a little searching and it appears that Bob succumbed to Leukemia early this year. I'm not 100% sure of this as I couldn't find an actual obituary, but this seems fairly definiting.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/348984_obitmorrison28.html
I thought some of you might like to know.
Regards, Matt
Voyager wrote:

His untimely and unfortunate passing was discussed and lamented at the time...
dpb wrote:

Sorry, I missed it. I've had a rash of ISP trouble since my ISP changed hands a year ago and have had sporadic ng access. I'll check the archives.
dpb wrote:

Apparently, not in this ng. I just searched Google Groups and found a thread in the architecture group, but nothing from a.b.c. I don't subscribe to a.a and thus missed the discussion.
Matt
Voyager wrote:

I don't recall just precisely when nor the subject line, but I'm sure it was here as I don't monitor any arch group. It may have been a belated followup to one of Bob's postings wherein he announced his diagnosis; I don't recall but I'm quite sure it was here I saw it. Not that it really matters, of course.

dpb wrote:

It only matters in that I was very surprised to hear I had missed such a thread here as I knew Bob was ill and had corresponded with him privately over the years prior to his illness. I was considering opening a private structural engineering practice and he was quite willing to share his experience.
I have been extremely busy the last year and traveling extensively at work and had fallen behind on his blog. I checked in a couple of weeks ago and saw it was dormant. I sent email to his business address and got no response. That is when I began searching and found the newspaper article. Very sad.
Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst
did 06/13/2007

Matt,

This is the first I've heard of this, thanks for the info. I was just wondering a few days ago why I hadn't seen any posts from Bob. I always found his input helpful and thorough. He'll be missed...
Anthony