Black pipes: What is the material?

Hello All:

I managed to clog up our kitchen drain. Using the saw dust like Zep brand stuff several times did not help.

I could not get a snake reach the clogged point.

I am thinking of using something like Drano. The pipes under the sink are of some sort of synthetic material. They are black. Is the material PVC? Would using Drano be OK on them?

Thanks

Deguza

Reply to
Kompu Kid

Assuming you are in California, as your headers imply, I'd suggest asking for a product that is safe for PVC pipes. Most around here are not black, but white, but regardless if not metal, then they are plastic, and heat sensitive. Any product that generates excessive heat will damage the pipes.

Reply to
PeterD

Kompu Kid wrote the following:

It's probably ABS. It's safe to use Drano.

Reply to
willshak

a better group to post to would be alt . home . repair

that Zep product is for maintenance of drains or helping out slow drains....not for clearing clogged drains.

where is the clog?

Read the label, Drano is safe for most pipe materials.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK