Best wall construction to stop a truck.

Page 2 of 2

There are lots of fake stories like this. Its part of the effort to eliminate individual rights for the greater good of society. Look behind the organizations that are wailing about "frivolous" lawsuits and there is almost always a corporation that wants to engage in activities that most would view as criminal and do it without consequences.
Fake my butt. A few years ago here in the Kansas City area a little punk was trying to break into a school and fell through the skylight that he pried open over the gymnasium and fell onto the floor. They sued and won. Was in the KC Star paper so we assume it to be true although you can only believe 1/2 of their stories.
In the paper this morning the police are trying to stop 2 vicious gangs from shooting each other. Shouldn't we be supplying them with bullets instead?

That's exactly what is wrong with the courts today. Any *honest* judge would throw it out. But where would find one of them?

That would be your best bet, the barricade. 6" steel pipe driven 4' deep, sticking up 3' and filled with concrete. Paint to match the wall.
--
Steve Barker

"Alan" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
Steve Barker wrote:

You mean camouflage it? I'd paint it to look like a bunch of vehicles had scraped up against it and left paint behind. Maybe strew some broken reflector glass around the base.
Another option would be a concrete stop curb an appropriate distance from the wall for the wheels to hit.
--
Steve Barker

"Alan" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
three words BIG ASS BOULDERS. I have some from when I dug my cellar hole. They are about the size of full sized pick up trucks. You can have them for free. You might want to call an excavation company and tell them you want some big boulders. They migh give them to you for free????? and even for a small fee they migh bring the excavator over to line them up for you. They would look better then any stupid chinzy barricade that you make. If they get hit by an SUV some how the boulders will surley survive... concrete and bricks will crack... boulders bite back.

The guy is concerned because his nice lawn is getting chewed up. The nice lawn is there because he like the way it looks. Do you think that those BIG ASS BOULDERS would make the lawn look nicer? If he didn't care what it llloked like he wouldn't care about the lawn.
RicodJour wrote:

Huh? What lawn?
"My property is at a dead-end, and people always bump into my brick wall when turning around."
--
Notan

Notan wrote:

My apologies. Wrong thread.
RicodJour wrote:

Not a problem.
You're either drinking too much, or not enough! <g>
--
Notan

I think I screwed up the thread, but I'm afraid my last attempt can't be read, so here goes again:
Hey, Thanks for the great ideas! 6" pipe buried 3-4' below grade and filled with concrete to protect the wall might just work. Next problem is that I don't have room for a curb or boulders in front of the wall, and maybe even the 6" pipes. There's also a gate to be concerned about in the center of the end of the street, between two parts of the wall. I'm also afraid that wrought iron might get dented. The vehicles aren't driving fast, just backing up and given the close tolerances and poor visibility, they hit the wall or the gate.
But, I don't want to recess the wall-gate combination back further into the property because as it is, the driveway makes a sharp left toward the garage. So, it sits on the edge of the public street.
If I could embedd the 6" pipes into the wall somehow, that would be better for space considerations, and for looks.
Alan

There are groups for fanciers you know.
RicodJour wrote:

If done right it can look really nice and commonly used in my area. Also if someone hits them and injures themselves or damages their car it isn't the property owners fault.