Bathroom design

Have you ever come accross a separate His and Hers main bathroom and what is your opinion on this concept?
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 01:13:58 -0700 (PDT), fran

Great idea... We've had our own seperate bathrooms for years and I can't see sharing anymore! <bg>

Separate bathrooms is a great idea, if you have the space & the dollars.
IMO two smaller, more efficient baths is more desirable than one giant bath......but it all depends on layout & usage patterns.
One giant bath might give you room for a stall shower & a nice generous soaking / whirlpool tub. Two smaller baths might only have room for stall showers or a shower / standard tub plus the duplicate toilets take up more room.
I prefer a stall shower over shower / tub combo..... I really dislike taking a shower in a tub.
Separate baths is good but separate houses is even better. :)
cheers Bob

Split bathrooms were popular in the 1950's and earlier in more opulent homes.
Typically, this would mean the addition of a ladies "dressing room" (i.e., boudoir).
After that era, I guess women didn't mind having their husbands see them undress.
:~)
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:24:10 -0700, "Matt W. Barrow"

The problem isn't 'undressed'... <bg> The problem is "You left the bathroom in a mess" or "You made the bathroom smell" or (love it) "You didn't put the toilet seat down! AGAIN..."
Ok, that said, do all women sit without looking first? To be honest, in all my years, I've no recollection of ever dropping my butt into the water!
FWIW, my home is about 25 years old... were I to build another (I won't) it *will* have dual baths, and dual closets.

The "invention" of batroom fans aleviated this problem somewhat.
Somewhat.

Would it fit? :~0

There's a funny video out for "The Ultimate Intimate bathroom fixture" - a dual toilet.
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 16:15:11 -0700, "Matt W. Barrow"

Yea, I'm skinny!

That I want to see!
wrote:>>

If your email address is workable, I'll send it to you.
just post the url here.

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:31:25 -0700, "Matt W. Barrow"

Sure. Use "The Ultimate Intimate bathroom fixture" for the message subject, and I'll tell my anti-spam software to let it get through.

Coming to you!
On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 23:53:36 -0700, "Matt W. Barrow"

Thanks, that was great! Laughed so hard I cried!
I have seen many that have personalized bathrooms...Bidet, sink, vanity..... I do think space is an issue. Most bathrooms are small and designed around small areas...... Walk in showers are nice.......Built some of those, and with glass block walls.......... What about a nice standup urinal for men? No more "put the seat down"....... I always say" put the seat up!....:) Anyway, larger bath with maybe partitions for separate dressing and washing arrangements...... Walkin showers........ His and her bath make more toilets to clean? just some thoughts.... jloomis