Bathroom design

Have you ever come accross a separate His and Hers main bathroom and what is your opinion on this concept?

Reply to
fran

Great idea... We've had our own seperate bathrooms for years and I can't see sharing anymore!

Reply to
PeterD

Separate bathrooms is a great idea, if you have the space & the dollars.

IMO two smaller, more efficient baths is more desirable than one giant bath......but it all depends on layout & usage patterns.

One giant bath might give you room for a stall shower & a nice generous soaking / whirlpool tub. Two smaller baths might only have room for stall showers or a shower / standard tub plus the duplicate toilets take up more room.

I prefer a stall shower over shower / tub combo..... I really dislike taking a shower in a tub.

Separate baths is good but separate houses is even better. :)

cheers Bob

Reply to
Bobk207

Split bathrooms were popular in the 1950's and earlier in more opulent homes.

Typically, this would mean the addition of a ladies "dressing room" (i.e., boudoir).

After that era, I guess women didn't mind having their husbands see them undress.

:~)

Reply to
Matt W. Barrow

The problem isn't 'undressed'... The problem is "You left the bathroom in a mess" or "You made the bathroom smell" or (love it) "You didn't put the toilet seat down! AGAIN..."

Ok, that said, do all women sit without looking first? To be honest, in all my years, I've no recollection of ever dropping my butt into the water!

FWIW, my home is about 25 years old... were I to build another (I won't) it *will* have dual baths, and dual closets.

Reply to
PeterD

The "invention" of batroom fans aleviated this problem somewhat.

Somewhat.

Would it fit? :~0

There's a funny video out for "The Ultimate Intimate bathroom fixture" - a dual toilet.

Reply to
Matt W. Barrow

Reply to
jloomis

Yea, I'm skinny!

That I want to see!

Reply to
PeterD

If your email address is workable, I'll send it to you.

Reply to
Matt W. Barrow

just post the url here.

S. Barker

I don't have a url; it was a wav file sent to me. From what I can tell, it was a SNL skit.

Reply to
Matt W. Barrow

Reply to
Matt W. Barrow

Sure. Use "The Ultimate Intimate bathroom fixture" for the message subject, and I'll tell my anti-spam software to let it get through.

Reply to
PeterD

Coming to you!

Reply to
Matt W. Barrow

Thanks, that was great! Laughed so hard I cried!

Reply to
PeterD