Ball Park cost for Patio Roof

We are considering putting in a concrete patio and a roof over it. The patio size would be about 12' deep by 24' wide. I have an idea of the cost of the patio (already got estimates a while ago), but I would like to have an idea of what to expect for the costs for a roof over it. Its on the south side of the house and it would be too hot in the summer to comfortably use it at times during the day.
We have a ranch house and this would be attached to the back of the house.
Anybody have any ball park idea of what a roof would cost, 12' x 24' over a concrete patio ($3,000? $5,000? $10,000? $20,000?)? We are looking for a roof with shingles. We are in western New york state.
When I did the same thing about 5 years ago in NE OK, my estimates were from $2,500 up to $16,000. I suggest getting a few local contractors to bid the work and check references and inspect prior work to make sure you are going to be happy with the final product. I know wood prices fluctuate widely - so not sure anyone is going to be able to give much guidance.
I know nothing of your cost structures. I would expect to plan on at least $3000.
You might want to strongly consider a metal cover. Contact a local metal building man. It would be quite an unusual existing roof if you were able to use shingles as they require 3in12 pitch or better so your 12' roof needs to fall 36". There are other low pitch solutions, but the framing for a wood roof will be quite a bit heavier and deeper than the metal. I suspect your snow load requirements are substantial.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .