Automatic Gate Closer

I've got an automatic gate which works just like an automatic garage door. I click a remote to open the gate and when I pass through, I click again to close it. The problem is that I sometimes forget to click on the way out and the gate remains open. Does anyone know of some device which would automatically close the gate if it is left open for too long ?
Thanks, Curt
crhras wrote:

I assume you are talking about a driveway gate? I can't see anyone having an automatic pedestrian gate. That would be like having power sun visors in your car. Check with the manufacturer of the automatic gate opener/closer.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

"Willshak" < snipped-for-privacy@00hvc.rr.com> wrote in message
Steve Barker LT wrote:

The first 3 are convenient if you are the only one in the car at the time.
Change position of mirrors if your wife last drove the car, especially in inclement weather.
Open or close any or all windows without contorting your body reaching or climbing over the seats, especially when driving.
Open or lock any or all doors without the gymnastics required as in the windows above.
Power seats that retain the memory of the specific driver, if more than one, saves a lot of up and down, forward and back, angle of seat and seat back, handle movements.
BTW What's the LT in your user name stand for? In my former job, I initialed documents with the scripted LTWES329.
--
Bill
in Hamptonburgh, NY
Steve Barker

"Willshak" < snipped-for-privacy@00hvc.rr.com> wrote in message
I got all of that. I want the power sun visors.
message

Better yet, they'd be automatic. Anytime they sense the sun at a certain level they'd come down.
--
Steve Barker

"Glenn" < snipped-for-privacy@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
Let's design it. Planetary gear or a little hydraulic cylinder?
message

Oh, definitely pneumatic. WHAP! WHAP! No waiting....
Ever seen a pneumatic window on a semi tractor. They're quite fast.
--
Steve Barker

"Glenn" < snipped-for-privacy@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
<G>
message

crhras wrote: ...

That would be the butler???
You'll probably have to have somebody help you to hack the electronics. There's a zillion guys around who do this kind of stuff. Even a magazine or two. Find them...
--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com

You could add a timer to the circuitry. Set it for what ever minutes after opening the gate to close automatically. As a trucker, I've been to many warehouses that use automatic gates. Pull up to a certain point, the gate opens. After passing through, it closes automatically.

someone experienced with electronics, or a whole new system. Also your automatic gates at a warehouse is not done on a timer, but rather sensors.
Curt,
Take a look at the following link:
http://www.cartell.com/Products/Products.htm
Give them a call. They can advise you as to which product will fit your needs and, if necessary, possibly provide you with the name of someone who can assist you with installing it.
Depending upon your gate electronics, you should be able to integrate this into your gate system and eliminate having to manually activate it when exiting. Once triggered, a timer should close the gate afterwards. You'll need to check into that for clarification though.
Hope this helps.
Peter.

Many gate openers hve an auto delay close feature already included; some fixed, some adjustable. Check your opener manual. if not you could probably upgrade.
Here's one ink of openers with auto close. http://www.gate-opener.com/apollo_1500-1550.html