Appliances... Comm vs. Res.

If this could be better answered elsewhere, please tell me where to go. ;)
We're planning our kitchen remodel and one of the items in the plan is what appliances were going to install. We already have the dishwasher and microwave (the old ones died recently) so all we need are the range/stove, a warming drawer and the refridgerator and freezer.
My question in this...
Are the real differences between a true commercial refrideration product and its better/best residential counterpart? If there are, what are they and, leaving aside the asthertic, which is better?
I have spoken to many a salesman/company-representative and they all say the same thing; my product is better than "the other guys". And most claim the same reasons; i.e. performance, cost, noise, energy comsumption, longevity, insulation, maintaining proper temperature, etc... And only the residential manufacturers clain looks.
So, are there real differences?
Thanks.
Primarily differences is cost. They all do mostly the same thing. If you are a 1 - 2 button man like me, those are usually cheaper. If you like 12 buttons to make it look richer, those are more expensive. Even then, you'll probably use only 2 buttons. (On and off.)

"GreenGA" wrote...

It's really personal preference. Sure the commercial grade is built for repeated and continuous use, but unless money is no object or you plan on opening a restraint in your home, there is little difference in performance for residential use. However if you're buying because you think it's a trend, chances are the trend will be over before the appliance wares out.
Finding the keyboard operational hawgeye entered:

There are some difference between residential and comercial (NSF) appliances other then being made for heavier use. Mostly, the commercial appliances have radiused corners and flush seams to facilitate cleaning. I also find that comeercial refrigerators hold thier temp a bit closer then my home one. Bob
Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times
Either last month or the month before's consumer reports says that residential is the better buy. Stainless being more common.
The only negative I'm aware of is, some commercial refrigerators can trip GFI's during the defrost cycle. As the NEC allows the receptacles located behind stationary equipment to be exempt from GFI requirements, it could be a factor for you to consider.