Anybody done Tile Heated Floors

I redoing my bath. Wife for years has been saying she wants a warm floor when she gets ready for work. I want to keep the woman working and happy.. Anybody done these with coiled up wire?? I need some tips on doing it.. I will just lay the wife and thin set over it..

MandingO

Must. resist....must....resist.....

Reply to
Mike Paulsen

Reply to
jloomis

Sometimes spell check isn't enough.

We do a lot of them, especially in basements. Heat mats are available from any good electrical supply house ... come in varying sizes. You don't have to slavishly cover every square inch.

Thin set over them.

Ken

Reply to
bambam

I have found the Coil wire is about $200 cheaper. Biggest problem is nicking the wire smoothing out the thin set. I found to use a Rubber grout or or a wood one.. <

Reply to
DMac

Running electric heat is expensive, If you have a boiler consider just having a pipe run under the area you stand at. If you go electric keep area to a minimum. Electric baseboard is cheaper instal and likely run.

Reply to
ransley