adequate spacing between detached garage and house?

I am planning to build a detached garage/workshop which will "face" my attached garage entrance across the driveway (i.e. the garage doors will be parallel to each other). With the dimensions I would like, I can get about 28 feet of open space between them -- is this going to be enough for good appearance and easy vehicle entrance/egress? Is there a code minimum for this sort of thing?
Allan