Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Affordable Stainless-Steel Roofing System
The Affordable Stainless-Steel Roofing System: KBH Applications

Working with Plastic Pipe
Plastic piping and do-it-yourself plumbing go together like hammers and nai= ls. Plastic pipe is easy to cut and join to its many fittings, and it is wi= dely accepted by plumbing codes. Inside this...
4
4

Ipe Decking
Ipe decking is the best available material for wall decking. It is stable, durable and resists checking. It has a brown color which has a deep and rich red colored hue. It adds to the look of the...

Exterior Wood Decking
Eurotex Ipe Decking, Facade & cladding, cladding & facade is the finest Decking, Facade & cladding, cladding & facade available. Eurotex stock a full line of Ipe deck boards including 21x145x 3=92 &...

Lousy carpeting? Not my fault?
I've been living in the same apartment for five years with two kids. Everything that spills on the carpet leaves a stain--it's unavoidable. Do landlords install really cheap carpeting to allow this to...
1
1

where to find lattic moulding?
Hi, I have a small project where I want to build walls similar to the slat and plaster construction method of decades ago. Where can I find lattic moulding. Ideally in 14' lengths, but 8' is ok (I'll...
6
6

PVC pipe
Hello, I am looking for 2 inch schedule 40 PVC pipe,two feet long, with one end having a belled end. Does anyone know how I might purchase this? I need to have several, but do not particularly want to...
1
1

4 Season Room- 3 stages (Michigan)
(Michigan) We are looking at adding a 3/4 season room where our existing deck is. Because of $$$ I would like to do this in 3 steps. This is my thought process, first step have footings/foundation...

geo-dome home foundation
If things go as I hope they do, I plan on building a geodesic dome home around October. This home will be built out of steel for the frame, not wood. My questiion is, which way to go for a foundation?...
4
4

Saint Athanasius 6-18-04
St. Athanasius says, " It is important to understand, to realize, and to participate in all that is morally sound, morally good, morally protective, morally honest, because you see, 'morality' is the...

Cost for French Doors
What should I expect to pay for French Doors, installed in an existing sliding door entrance? Assume as brands either Andersen or Milgard (if there is a better price/performance product for French...

Best way to handle transition in roof slopes?
I am planning to reshingle the front part of our house this summer to eliminate a couple of random leaks. Despite numerous attempts at repairs, I haven't been able to determine the source, so I've...
3
3

Masonary Add
Is there some way we could flood this guy with too much information or something.... Where do these people come from. This is supposed to be a forum, and not and add site..... I give.... And I do my...

NewSat Provides Satellite Communications for the Construction Industry
The remote or temporary locations of construction sites require satellite c= ommunications for operational and business functionality. Temporary sites c= an often present challenges in terms of remote...

Tractor Fuel Repair issue need advice
I dont know anyone can help me. I am working on a Chinese made Tractor King 404 tractor and cannot seem to get a bolt to go into place. There is a tube coming off the fuel filter that goes into the...
5
5