Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fireplace for Church Lobby - kid safe?
My church recently purchased property to build a larger sanctuary. We are seeking ways to make the lobby more inviting to people staying and talking with each other. A fireplace seems to be a great...

Architecture program for AutoCAD LT
Real Architect 2008 Press Release Real Architect 2008 is a complete 2D architectural drafting program that that works with AutoCAD LT as well as full AutoCAD. The retail price is $89.00, with upgrades...

Reversing a door swing or buy new prehung door
Hi, What's the easiest way to change a bathroom door that swings into the bathroom to one that swing into the adjacent bedroom? This would allow a caregiver emergency access if the person falls in...
10
10

Tool tracking
I need to put in place a tool tracking solution at my construction project. I work for a development company and we put it in our contract that we own all small tools that cost more than $1,000. The...
38
38

painting rates
Are there standard per square foot rates for interior painting? I'm looking at a couple heavily textured ceilings as well as some regular drywall walls. thanks
10
10

Home Remodeling Blog new blog from Toolmannet
Home remodeling blog, Articles FAQ and more.... visit http://blog.toolmannet.comToolmanNet

Covered porch construction
I'm putting in a covered porch with wooden decking. New construction. The porch abuts the house on one side and is open on the other 3. Will be approximately 3-4 feet above fin. grade. Supporting...
8
8

Basement Carpet
Any kind of special padding I need under california berber carpet on a basement concrete floor? The carpet has a like rough shiny white backing that is stiff. The padding I have is a roll left from...

Stain Lightening
I stained my newel posts and balusters on my "raw wood" staircase and would like to have them a little lighter. Any suggestions other than sanding? Any information would be appreciated. Jeff
2
2

30Amp question
Double ovens died. Have an option for a newer oven and separate counter top, both 220vac. Do I need a separate circuit for each? Or can they tie into the same feed?
12
12

New Home for Electricians
Electricianhome.com

Stained Stucco Under Window
Some of windows on this house have discolored stucco at the corners under the window. Some have a visible crack. We had several days of rain prior to this picture. Can anyone explain this? Thanks Andy
10
10

Foundation - matching existing house
Hi - I have a two-story home with a concrete slab on grade floor with radiant heat. The foundation is a four feet deep (upstate New York) frost line footer. I am putting on a one-story addition on the...
12
12

Therma-Green Corporation
Hello, I am the Owner and President of Therma-Green Corporation. We are distributors and applicators of a product called Nansulate. Nansulate is a liquid applied insulation that uses Nanotechnology...
6
6

Connecting a 2x8 joist to 2x4's
I'm building a room in my garage. I'm going to build a platform so that it will be even w/ the rest of the house. The platform will be about 1 foot off the ground. The room size will be about...
18
18