Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

MiraTec question
Anybody have experience using MiraTec ? I was at Lowes today and saw it there. It seemed reasonably priced, so I wasn't sure if it was the same MiraTec engineered exterior trim found here were...
1
1

concrete slab
------------------------------------- I am pouring a 4" concrete slab (91'x60') over an existing slab inside a machine shop. Should I use a bond breaker or a bonding agent for this...
3
3

Standing Water in Footer Drain Tile
I am in the process of putting in a patio and small retaining walls in front of my walkout basement. I excavated 8" down from the floor of the basement for the patio, and exposed the top of the green...
1
1

what are best kind of boots for asphalt shingle roof?
It's a common tendency. Same goes for newbies in rock climbing - they think the closer they are to the wall, the better, but it's not always so. BTW, how steep is your roof? Generally a 6/12...
8
8

hot water dispenser
Any one use the under sink hot water dispensers, commonly known as In sink-erator, they also make disposals and such. What has been the life of the units? I installed one about 4 years ago, and now...
1
1

aggregate floor inside house
Our city was recently devastated by floods. We were very fortunate in that only our finished basement had water damage. We?re in the process of removing carpeting and assessing if there is damage to...
4
4

Cant Strip on outside of Large freezer - Where to buy? What to use?
I've got a large building which houses a number of walk-through coolers and freezers. Some of these coolers exterior walls are directly exposed to the outside. (i.e. their exterior wall is also...
1
1

IRC - Plumbing
Any plumbers who know the IRC here? On my final inspection today I got gigged for not having shut off valves at each fixture (bath vanity sink and toilet). This is plumbed with PEX, with a MANIBLOK....
4
4

Cathedral Ceiling
I'm working on some plans to go over with my local building inspector for an addition to my mobile home. This is a free-standing structure that will have minimal attachment (no structural...
4
4

Where to buy furnace
I replaced the air conditioner components a couple of years ago but the furnace unit was still working fine. Now the fan has died in the furnace so the AC is useless too. I can't seem to find...
6
6

Caulk Master Air Powered Guns
Hi, Is anyone using a new one? Have they worked the bugs out. Are you happy with the 30oz. function? Thankyou. Tonyg

New Source Of British Standards
News for group Members who need to access a reliable source of British Standards, Content Online Ltd are the UK's fastest growing provider of Standards and related date, see for more details. You...

Small Tools Theft and Insurance
Hi Guys, I was reading your groups posts and thought you would be a great group to hear some feedback from Have you ever had to deals with this, how do the contractors or managers weigh in these risk...

concrete slab movement in northern climate
I have a detached garage addition, I'd like to add a non-load bearing interior wall, 12' long across a 20' width, with the top wall plate perpendicular to the trusses. The addition is...
5
5

Laying Travertine Tile
We have a window seat in the living room that is made out of 3/4" plywood and 2x4 framing 16" OC and is painted. We are interested in laying 18x18 in travertine tiles but I have a few questions. 1....
4
4