Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

New Clear Vision Security Product! MAJESTEC!
Majestec products are security doors and security windows. Majestec doors and windows may look the same to ordinary doors and windows. But, Majestec products are superior to normal doors and windows....

Generator transfer panel
What is a good rule of thumb for the length of wire? I read where you should not exceed 25' from the 'Transfer Panel" to your "Main panel", and 25' from the Generator to your "Transfer...
7
7

Is SanaGloss worth $50
Hi Am looking at getting a Toto UltraMax toilet Its priced at $300 and the Sana Gloss version is $349 Is it worth the additional $49 or is it just hype?
9
9

Screened porch landing
Hello everyone, My wife and I just moved into our house, and now we're trying to fix the seemingly endless list of issues caused by the seeming insanity of the previous owners; we're new to...
3
3

Partition in Garage
Hi I plan to partition my garage which is now free my cars. I want to put up a timber framed wall as exists in most timber framed houses in Australia.(90 x 45 mm and clad with gyprock on both sides)....
7
7

birds nest stadium - what's "unwrapped steel"?
There's lots of references to the new stadium in China hosting the 2008 Olympic (BirdsNest) saying it was made from X miles of "unwrapped steel". Anyone want to describe what unwrapped steel...
4
4

Costco Toilet 150 MaP ?
Costco has a one piece Milim Globe Ridge Water Rdge # 386082 toilet reduced from $280 to $164. It has a rating of 150 MaP which is how many grams of waste it removes in a single flus. I believe that...
5
5

Building on Sandy Soil
I'm looking at a piece of property for a building site in Western Wisconsin. The soil survey maps defines it as 'tarr sand' " The Tarr series consists of very deep, excessively drained...
8
8

Installing shower wand on fiberglass surround
We recently moved into our new house and I need to install a wand-type shower in one bathroom. The bathroom has a typical fiberglass tub with fiberglass surround. The shower arm for the fixed-head...

Finishing a basement: I want to paint the walls BEFORE installing doors and trim
I'm finishing my basement and I've primed all of my walls. I was planning on completing the painting of the walls first - then painting doors and trim and installing them. I thought this would...
3
3

structured wiring in existing wood frame home
I am adding more structured wiring to an existing home. Home is wood frame, stucco, tile roof. I was able to add some cat5 to nearby rooms but it wasn't easy. previous owner had pulled some sat...
11
11

Toilet Trapway size ?
I have a kohler toilet and I often have to plunge it, at least once a week. It seems to plug easily without any abnormal use. I am looking at getting a new toilet and notice that trapway sizes are...
7
7

Payed Refferal?
Is it not a red flag when a contractor needs to pay for a refferal. This seems to come naturally for contractors who offer quality service. Rod http://www.barrettrenovations.com

qu: vertical foundation crack
I have a vertical foundation crack in my home. it is a vertical crack in poured concrete (below the brick). it is up against the garage portion of my home. it is 2 feet or more vertical in length. I...
5
5

SLOAN Flushmate Urine Mist
Hi I just got a nice Maysfield toilet with the SLOAN Flushmate. For those of you who are not familiar inside the tank is a bladder that holds the water under pressure. I noticed that when the toilet...
10
10