Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

The Giant Building Printer Robot
Apparently Layered fabrication technology can automate the construction of entire buildings. I found this pretty interesting http://craft.usc.edu/CC/modem.html

Driveway Gate openers
Thinking about putting one in. Know nothing about them. Don't know anyone who has one. Any recommended brands, or what/who to stay away from. It will be a slider. I see prices all over the place....
2
2

Air nailer lubricating oil
Question for the tool gurus out there. I went to use my finish nailer today and discovered that my bottle of lubricating oil had spilled over. I went to the only hardware store that was open this...
11
11

Increasing size of existing header
I have a 8' span of 2x8 dbl header with post in middle. I want to remove post which requires increasing header depth. Is it allowable to increase header depth by adding an additional 2x4 dbl...
4
4

Learn About Modular Home Site Costs
First hand account of having a modular home built. Find out the site costs associated with a modular home: Financing a Modular Home of Modular Home Builders of a Modular Home Being Set
1
1

Bathtub question
Most likely, you have to take off the part that is attached to the vertical surface of the tub first. After you take that off, the knob you are referring to will probably have a cotter pin or similar...
35
35

washer and dryer
This goes out to any and all... Who makes the best clothes washer and dryer on the market today, front or top loading??? our family is fixing to grow by 1, and our old washer is about 10+ years old,...
3
3

how good is the plumbing trade
plumber fred ------------------------------------- who agrees that plumbing is the best trade???????????????????????????????? ##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via...
1
1

How do I install a drain in my detached garage?
Hi, I have a concrete slab poured for my garage floor. The garage is detached. Every winter I park cars in the garage and the snow melts and pools water on the concrete which also flows towards wooden...
2
2

who agrees with me
plumbing is the best trade who agrees???? ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access...
6
6

Rural TV help
Tired of paying for free broadcast TV via satellite. Figured out the mast height, the antenna I need for DTV and so forth. One thing I haven't found via the web is how I'm supposed to connect...
14
14

Electrical question for new workshop
Let me go on to say, if _I_ were doing what you're doing today, I'd probably run a 6/3 with ground and hook it to a 50A breaker. That's going to be more than plenty for a home shop....
23
23

Transition between Tiled Roof and Corrugated Laserlite
Hi I'm looking for either a product or an idea to attach a verandah roof to a sloping tiled roof. The tiled roof slopes down at about 30deg and ends in a fascia board which I presume is attached...
4
4

Rubber shower pan liner
I'm installing a fully tiled shower. I know that there are several different products on the market and each manufacturer has its own specifications to seal the joints. And no one at Home Depot...
9
9

plumbing
how to carry out a dynamic water pressure test ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS...