Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

roofing question
I am replacing a cedar shingle roof with a composition roof. The cedar shingles are nailed to battens. I will need to have a plywood deck in order to put composition shingles down. The...
4
4

Gas Piping Question
What is demand of the new water heater in BTU/hr? To properly answer this question, you need to tell us: The length of the 1" pipe from the meter to this Tee. The length of the pipe run from this Tee...
17
17

Plastic Crates
PLASTIC INDUSTRY AND TRADE CO. SUB: GI-380A (Stack and Nest Plastic Crate) Dear Madam / Sir Our company produce plastic crates since 1990. We are one of the biggest plastic crate producer in Turkey....

Grayco sprayer problem
I've got a grayco airless sprayer, the 900 series magnum, and it seems to not spray right. I've tried a couple of new tips, and had the pressure from low to high. What i'm getting is a...
3
3

Extending Building Building
I'm working on a potential extension, and need to know some of the following. When building this or even planning this extension what legislations or hurdles will I have to overcome to make it a...
3
3

Screening in a porch
Hello: First, I would like to thank all of you for your your input regarding my post about covering the 2 foam glued to cement block in my basement. I have some questions concerning the construction...
2
2

Round Swamp Cooler screen
------------------------------------- Does anyone know how to get a new outside screen for a large round swamp cooler? They stopped selling them in the local area and mine crumbled when I tried to...
4
4

Civil Engineering Horizon
Civil Engineering Horizon is an online journal of civil engineering. It is inviting papers for publication. civil engineering horizon is online continuously published journal and magazine to share...

Aerated Autoclaved Concrete
Has anyone in the group direct experience designing or building with this material? I have a client who wants a one story house built with this. I'm particularly interested in control of water...
1
1

Building Maintenance in Florida
CIC Experience provides janitorial services to several of South Florida?s most prominent health care facilities, Class A office buildings, and luxury condominiums. Our foundation, vision, and...

Septic question for Dave Jeeves or others
We're building a new house - 2500 sq ft., 4 bedrooms, 4 occupants. The county in Ohio where I live set requirements as 1000 gallon scrap tank and 1000 gallon ATU, output gravity feed to 1200...
8
8

Big Box/Costco type of construction details
looking for plans/sections/details of some typical big box type of buildings. Vector Works or AutoCad formats ok. Height, column spacing, column/beam connections, roofing, HVAC. WALL SECTIONS esp....
1
1

green roofs in Mexico
I am looking for info on construction and viability of adding a green roof to a house in the Yucatan, Mexico. It is a very hot, low-lying, sometimes rainy area. New construction tends toward block and...
7
7

Where can i buy an 8' length of 30" diameter pipe ?
I have a project that requires 30" or greater diameter pipe ; it can be metal or fiberglass . I can even use culvert pipe if it goes that big. Any idea where i go to find something like this ? Thanks.
8
8

Footings for Shed
Hello, I'm about to build a 12' x 12' shed. I've drawn the plans, elevations and sections in AutoCAD and have every detail hammered out. I'm going to dig 4 holes for the footings...
32
32