300 million Americans and counting...

America passed the 300 million mark in October 2006, and 400 million is looked forward to by building contractors across America. They put food on the table by converting nature into dead wood, steel, tar and gravel. Nature loses ground every day to make room for more blessed homes and roads.
Because of this process, the whole American ideal of freedom, elbow room and open space is being slowly but surely lost. No amount of "smart growth" can change the fundamentals of too many people and finite land acreage.
Who in the construction business has a conscience about any of this? Who wants to see an END to population growth before half the country resembles Los Angeles?
<.....silence and blank stares from all the sheeple.....>
E.A.
http://enough_already.tripod.com/mpg.htm (graphic)
If any other species behaved like Man we'd call it a plague.

So?
It's Malthus all over again...and wrong as ever.
So why don't you just admit you hate humanity and love in animate objects?
Matt Barrow wrote:

Contrary to your parroted Malthus lie, the state of ocean fisheries proves that people are out of control:
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=study+fish+2048
If all that sea life was being consumed by a marine animal, you'd call out the culling parties. But, when humans deplete the hell out of something (including open space) it's "collateral damage" or business as usual. Don't think I haven't heard all the excuses!
Malthus has been right in principle all along but most people only react to overnight catastrophes. Plus, they take for granted all the environmental laws that have mitigated growth-addiction. There were no brakes on housing development for ages. Laws get more important every day with ~75,000,000 more people on Earth each year (~3,000,000 annually in the U.S.).

Do you hate dogs and cats by having them spayed for their own good? Same principle, different species (people can choose to use contraception). But yes, I do hate those who think nature is wasted space. I despise thugs in general. Every day you read about theft, greed, pettiness and killing for pleasure. Never mind what Scripture says; have we really earned the right to be all-important?
E.A.
http://enough_already.tripod.com /
If any other species behaved like Man we'd call it a plague.

Contrary to YOUR parroted lie, such a state has been claimed every so often since the 1850's, so at least try to come up with some new hysteria to amuse us.

You simply don't give a damn about what happens to nature, so any evidence of its destruction will be automatically ignored; just as you ignored the link above. This is known as willful ignorance. Some people are not evolved enough to handle critical thinking.