Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Construction Supplies
https://www.gentleenterprize.biz/Construction.html

Ontario Building Code Discussion Groups
I"m looking for a place to participate in building code discussion groups. Not just a question and answer thing like the province offers, but one where I can get a sense of the issues facing...

Safest stuctural materia for big buildings
Just interested to know what kind of materia for big buildings main columns is safe/safest. I read a surprising article saying that using (thick) timber is good. It is known that steel structure does...
3
3

Porcelain tile in bathroom
Ok, so I think we're ready to go this weekend. I've picked out my tile and the grout is on order! A few questions before I get started. First, cement backer board. I haven't stripped out...
5
5

Highly Accurate MEP BIM Services Just only $12/hr
BIM 4D offers end to end MEP Building Information Modeling - BIM services across the globe. We strive constantly to provide our clients high quality and accurate prompt services at just only $12/hr....

Timber truss connection - imperical to metric conversion
I am designing a connection in a warren girder timber truss. The local authority require it in metric units. I'm too old for that and need a bit of help. The load is 3.9KN at 45 degrees. The...
1
1

Perimeter rigid foam insulation for a 7 foot cement block foundation
Hello: Is there any reason NOT to place 2 inch thick rigid foam insulation horizontally 2 feet wide, buried 12 inches deep, all around the perimeter of my 7 foot cement block foundation? 3 feet of the...
13
13

BRACED WALL PANELS
I read that braced wall panels made onsite with osb have to be: 1) nailed with common nails 2) framed with fir. 3) use structureal 1 osb. I was lucky to stumble onto this site. Does that mean if some...
9
9

Cutting fiberglass bat insulation questionn
I need to cut a bunch of kraft backed fiberglass insulation to length. My box cutter is making a mess of this. Any tips on how to get a nice clean cut? Thanks, Wes
9
9

PEX IN SLAB?
As I prepare to plumb my new house, I've been stopping to check out new installations done by professional plumbers. I notice that they run the pex under the slab. I know this is discouraged with...
2
2

Ceramic/Porcelain tiles for a countertop?
As we prepare to redo our kitchen, we are thinking about replacing the counter tops. As of right now, they are bright yellow Formica! We have looked into a number of alternatives and came across a...
6
6

Room Trim Base and Door Casing size ?
Hello As I repaint the bedroom I am also changing the base trim and the door casing. The base trim is 9/16" thick. The Door casing is either 9/16" or 5/8". Should I use the 9/16" Door casing to match...
5
5

finishing an attached garage
I am finishing an attached two-car garage that houses the house electrical panel. All the circuits from the house run into the attic of the garage and then down the wall cavity to the breaker,...
1
1

Feasibilty check
I've been checking into solar panel installations. Apparently, in the long run of time, it may be more prudent to have a building or other structure to hold the solar panels etc. Especially if you...
9
9

Best way to flash this roof to wall intersection?
I am in the process of rebuilding a section of my in-laws 100 year old house. Originally, the back of the house was an open porch which was "closed in" at some point with a hodge-podge of scrap...
26
26