Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Counter-tops: What's next after granite?
Are you guys seeing alternatives to granite these days as something "in"? My eyes are starting to gloss over when I see brand new kitchens put in with this and other stone that just seems somehow...
36
36

roofing at friends cottage
Our friends cottage has developed a leak in the shingle roof of the screened porch part of their cottage. The leak isn't heavy, and is less likely to occur during a rainstorm but rather at off...
3
3

Australia Govt Rebate for insulation
Hello group, New here but thought would be a good place to start. Here in Australia, part of the governments "Stimulus Package" to help with the recession and to show they care about environment, have...
2
2

Maple hardwood floors: WARNED about gaps & buckling
One of the contractors, whom I think is honest, is warning me again using Maple for my hardwood floors. He says that he's see no end of expansion in the summer and contraction in the winter...
18
18

Crumbling foundation
There's 6 to 10 inches of exposed concrete foundation going all the way around my house. About half of it is exposed to the soil and the other half is not because of concrete walkways etc. This...
19
19

In the NC area? Want Hardwood Flooring@an affordable price?
If you live in Charlotte, NC or surrounding area and would like to have beautiful hardwood floors at an affordable price then I encourage you to visit my website today! I am a small hardwood flooring...
1
1

Asphalt driveway estimate usually includes excavation?
------------------------------------- I am interested in having my driveway repaved with new asphalt. I have not started to get estimates yet but before doing so, I am wondering if the estimate...
4
4

FA Dry Stone Walling wallers manual vintage England Scots
Dry Stone Walling by F Rainsford Hanay,dustwrapper badly torn, a good sound copy. 109 pages. Really unusual Dry Stone Walling manual with lots of detail,history,pics, diagrams plans etc for various...

parking pad for camper cheap
I want to park my little camper in a place that is low off of the driveway...grassy. the edge of the driveway is supported by heavy flat rocks. My camper weighs less than 1000 lbs. I kind of use it to...
4
4

Are all neutral wires in 120 volt residential shared?
I'm adding a 120 Volt outlet to a duplex apartment. I have one 120 volt hot wire that needs a neutral to complete the circuit. The problem is the neutral wire I found is in a wall that is shared...
4
4

Architectural Renderings
Lunarstudio specializes in 3d architectural renderings and illustration services. For more information, please visit us on the web at: LunarStudio specializes in 3D architectural renderings,...
2
2

I have a problems with my Water WELL
I have a in ground Well. I have a 4" submersible pump Does this pump have a filter on it anywhere? . From the Well to the house first there is a stand up hydrant. The kind you pull up the lever what...
6
6

Question on window head flashing
Hello, Residential application with wood windows and wood shingle siding. For the usual condition where a window has siding above it, and the head trim projects out beyond the siding, I understand...
2
2

Construction Jobs
Post your construction job here for free. No registration, login, email bs needed. Looking for work? Same thing. Post it here free. Find the right tools with our in depth products guides, in depth...

Driving Nails Inside 18" Footing
I'm planning a deck for my new house. I think I've got pretty much everything figured out, but I'm concerned about one thing. My county requires 18" round, 24" deep footings with 8" of...
26
26