Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

plastic storage tanks and algae
My galvanized metal storage tank is starting to rust through. So far two spots have shown up which are weeping. about the size of a quarter. I am looking into the plastic storage tanks. My tank is...
6
6

Redoing garage concrete floor
How does one redo a concrete floor in an existing garage? My old floor was shifting and cracking all over the place due to the soil. The floor was divided into 6 segments and at the joints gaps of 1...
10
10

Image Stone Fireplace Surrounds
Anyone preparing to remodel or doing new contruction that seeks a fireplace surround - mantle needs to take a look at these. Image Stone Company is selling off at auction over 50 sets. They retail...
6
6

Good Choice of Wireless Infrared Camera ?
For security purposes, I need to select a good , reliable, Wireless Infrared Camera. It needs to work well in the daytime, and decently at night. It can only be wireless, and should send a signal...
6
6

Submersible wire instead of UF
I will be running power from a house to a well house/shop. I have a roll of 8/3 w ground and 6/3 with ground submersible wire that I used in well pump installations. Since I have no further use for...
12
12

Boarding some of the loft
Hi all I have just had 270mm of loft insulation fitted but want to put back about 6 loft boards for storage purposes. With the insulation being so high now I cannot see the joists without removing...
2
2

Direct TV Antenna Questions
I looked for a more proper group to post this in, but could not find a better group. I figured some folks here would know about Direct TV antennas. Ok, first I know next to NOTHING about satellite tv...
7
7

Wiring size for new panel
I have an existing shop that has a 200amp panel. Iam now building a house that is 40 ft from the shop. What wire size would be needed? Should i run the new panel as a sub panel?...
3
3

Paving Moulds
(Pty) Ltd: Paving Moulds Create your own diy concrete paving, wall cladding and patio paving with our robust moulds. Do it yourself at a fraction of the cost of using a building contractor! paving...
5
5

RUICAN sand casting
NINGBO RUICAN MACHINERY COMPANY cover different foundries and machining factories based on different casting process: investment casting, sand casting and pressure die casting, gravity casting, as...

Grout instead of Stucco?
We are looking at a short sale home that was built here in Florida in 2006. It was a builder's spec home and never lived in. I'll copy and paste an opinion that one person had after looking at...
2
2

Septic Tank Riser Question
Evening Construction Experts! It=92s the perfect late summer evening, and I am sitting out on my deck looking at my beautiful yard=85all except the for the septic tank riser that is sticking out 24...
2
2

Water Heater(s) vent question
I currently have one (NG)water heater in the basement venting into an unlined chimney. I am adding a second one on the second floor for the hot water needs for an upstairs apartment. As I understand...
7
7

seals for casement windows
Any suggestion for source generic rubber and plastic seals for clad casement windows?
5
5

how to know if unknown wire is "neutral or ground"?
I'm trying to add an outlet from 2 wires that are just hanging out of the wall. I followed the wires to the attic and only one wire goes to the attic. The other wire went somewhere else. I tested...
11
11