Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mud shower pan
Does anyone have any experiance with this product? Shower installation is easy with Mark E. Industries 4 products that simplify installing a shower including installing a shower pan and tile.
4
4

Basement Subfloor using recycled foam product
I am looking for user experience with a sub floor material made from recycled foam. I found it available from the following two sources: in Canada at: USA at: not sure if they are connected or simply...
6
6

Architectural Drafting Srvices
Plans for Renovation or New Home construction, I can provide all of your drafting needs at a very low cost, contact me for more information. Reasonably priced drafting services by an experienced...
4
4

Interesting Conversion
Hi All, I have just discovered a website telling everyone about a new development/conversion of a delapidated tower block. I think this will be an interesting build What do you think. More here: Jono
1
1

Floor joist support
I am wonderingif my second story can holda new fireplace. I have 2x10 floors 16 in. on centerwith a 13ft. span. the fireplaceweighs 590lbs. I was placing the unit parallel to floor joist on exterior...
6
6

SIMPLE QUESTION REGARDING GRAB BARS
Hi everyone: I have a complaint against me through the contractors state license board because I did not pull a building permit to install a few grab bars in a residence. There was no other work done....
10
10

Your Own Solar Panel Review
Homemade Solar Panel Less Than $200. Make Your Own Solar Panel your SUCCESS :) Kalyan Supervisor http://earth-4energy-review.123probiz.com

Looking for Quantity Surveyor
Title=EF=BC=9ASenior Quantity Surveyor Location=EF=BC=9AShanghai =E2=80=A2 Current location=EF=BC=9A China =E2=80=A2 Come from Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore or Malaysia and with China working...
5
5

Largest wood hole-saw ?
What is the largest, commonly-used wood hole-saw that one would find in a bix box store such as Lowe's or Home Depot ? 4 inches , or bigger ?? Thanks !! JJ
22
22

Forced air vs baseboard water system in heating/cooling
Awl -- My 1920's house has forced air, does a decent job heating, a middling job cooling the house, but at great expense -- essentially no zoning in these old houses. NYC area. Baseboard hot water...
14
14

Breaker panel, code for height from floor
Awl -- I know that the NEC code (and NYC code) specifies that a "standard" wall outlet can't be below X inches above the floor -- 4" (at one time), iirc. Is there a similar code for breaker panels?...
12
12

Venting enclosed room ?
We have a vacation cabin in the remote mountains. This place was built many years ago, and this county is so remote, not much attention is paid to building codes, etc. I have a very small bathroom...
18
18

Plumbing Question
We all know that 1/4" per foot is the minimum slope for sewer pipe with solids. My question is this: Is a drop of 1/2" per foot ok or even more or should you 90 elbo it down to continue the 1/4" drop.
4
4

moladi launched in Ghana - moladiGHANA - Low cost housing
Low cost housing is in demand all over the world. A company moladi that produces a "house building system" has just launched in Ghana. moladi is a patented lightweight plastic formwork construction...

October Deck Build
I'm currently in the process of building a deck out of Pressure Treated lumber. Originally, I wasn't worried about leaving the wood unprotected over the winter(Central IL) but now I'm not...
1
1