Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

fireproof wall for behind my wood stove
Hi All, Recently I had the perimeter of my house dug out and replaced with gravel and drainage pipe, Afterwards I tore down the basement walls to cinderblock to check for mold / rotted wood, mouse...
7
7

porch roofs
how can i lift a porch roof in order to replace the cloumns and the t&g flooring, the porch is 24'w X 8' deep, there are 4 columns, should i lift the entire roof or a couple at a time....
3
3

Should a deck railing be attached to the house?
My 6 y.o. deck is attached to the house via ledger, as is commonly the case. But my contractor, who is repairing an enormous amount of rot around the house (another story...it's less than 14 years...
2
2

Concrete Slab
------------------------------------- I'm pouring a slab as a basement floor with embeded radient heat (Pex). The Space is approx 62' x 23', I am reinforcing with #4 rebar and was wondering if I...
1
1

tilt-up wall panel has wood?
Hi, one of the wall edges on our concrete tilt-up warehouse building has chipped. I noticed the inside has wood. Could this be the insulation layer of the tilt-up panel? How can I patch this chip?...
8
8

All-Natural PAHS? (Passive Annual Heat Storage system [seasonal thermal store])
Lately I've been thinking along the lines of the feasibility of homes that don't have any, or hardly any, additional heating or cooling requirements, year-round, in Ottawa, Canada (climate zone Dfb):...
13
13

How I made my Creative Playthings playset rock solid
I have a Creative Playthings playset with a 9' swingrail. While the playset is wonderful in many respects, it suffers from the fatal flaw of just not having enough of the right kind of triangles in...
9
9

outdoor steps
Hi. I ripped out my backyard deck and have decided to install pavers. I will not be removing the concrete, though I know that is the ideal way to do it. Anyway, I am building a staircase out of...
7
7

Above Post
Maybe they thought this a construction site and are dealing with "wood"? hummm? john
1
1

Wire and conduit size for detached shop building
Hello all. I am running power to detached shop on a hobby farm in rural Missouri. For the work, permits and inspecions are not required. Power will come from 200 Amp meter box. Straight run to breaker...
14
14

Kitchen through-wall exhaust fan questions
We're going to install a through-wall kitchen exhaust fan in an outside wall above the stove and have some questions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We expect to spend around $50 for the...
10
10

Constructions jobs in Missouri
We have 20 open construction jobs that we need to fill as soon as possible. Competitive wages and benefits. We specialize in highway, pipeline, and commercial building construction projects. Braynard...

How can siding be repaired from the inside?
Hi, I bought an old house with 1"x8" siding. These shiplap boards are really old and many are coming off. I need to repair it from the inside since there is an adjacent house, too close to work...
6
6

Use your scrap HW flooring for table tops
I needed to make a quick table to put my scanner above my printer and saw that I had a inherited a few scraps of HW flooring that work perfectly! Sorry for the grainy image. I'm leaving it at original...
41
41

Garbage Warrior
"I went to architectural school in the University of Cincinnati and I began right then to think that architecture was worthless... I was twisting the law to get sustainable housing out there..." ......
16
16