Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

gambriel style roofing
I'm going to be buying some property this week and one of the things that might work out well for this is a gambriel barn style home. I've seen some photos of interiors and kind of understand what all...
3
3

pyramid home building
I was curious to know if anyone had a website that discussed, in detail, the building of a pyramid home. NOT "pyramid" as in brand name, but as the shape. If there is one word that flusters google...
14
14

Latex or enamel for covered porch ?
I am sanding down a covered porch down to bare wood, and I am going to paint it. It is a "covered" porch in that it has a roof over it, but it is not fully protected, as it has open sides. So, it does...
5
5

Installing Ridge Vents Opposite to Storm Wind Direction
Ridge vents are normally installed with the downslope of the top shingle covers in the same direction as storm wind. Unfortunately, ours were installed backwards. As a result, a strong rain in a storm...
15
15

Any Ridge Vents that Allow One-Way Airflow?
Does any vendor make a ridge vent that would only allow air to go out but would close down if air came back in? I am trying to shape the airflow so that air gets into an attic from cooler vents that...
10
10

Cut out of load bearing wall
I have very little experience with construction and am looking for help to determine options for changing a load bearing wall. We have a large unfinished basement room (upper is 1 level rancher). The...
2
2

Renovation Permit
I'll try and make this as brief as possible. Any and all comments are welcomed. - Had renovation work done last year by contractor that was let go 75 % into the job and who has consequently went...
8
8

Full length window screens
My contractor supplied screens are the usual bottom half screens. I have tried with limited success to build full length screens using the "sun blocker" type of plastic screens. These are to inhibit...
3
3

Wine Cellar Construction-Vapor Barrier
I am constructing a wine cellar in my basement and have a question about the vapor barrier and insulation. I have R-19 insulation on all the walls (all interior), but the insulation has the paper...
2
2

Standard Shear Panels for 20" x 24' garage
I have a garage plan to provide a client, and believe that a 2' panel on either side of a 16 ' garage door is sufficient and "standard" so that I will not need engineering. I live in Calif. and I...
2
2

Low Cost BIM Architecture Services
BIM 4D Services is a leading bim service provider firm which specialize in providing architectural, structural and mep bim services across the globe. We accept the input in the form of AutoCAD files,...
1
1

Building Company Melbourne Australia
The Professional Group http://www.theprofessionalgroup.com.au

Repair electric underfloor heating fault?
Anyone know how to do it - got a broken one in London UK Stephen
2
2

Looking for inexpensive Tin look ceiling tiles
Hello all, Nice to meet you! I am trying to find the most inexpensive ceiling tile. It cannot be the "Drop Down type. I am looking for the Tin Look platic or Vinyl type. I am redoing a ceiling in my...
1
1

The Importance of Finding Someone that Knows Computer Support
The good thing about this though, is that there are a number of individuals who practice providing such help. They provide help not only in the maintenance of computers but also with network services....