Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Grout Colorants
I have a client with a tile grout they would like to darken from bright white to standard white. Which products are reccomended for this? Consumer Reports does not have info on this.
1
1

Discovery of Hydraulic Cement (4400YA)
Discovery of Hydraulic Cement (4400YA) It has been known for millennia that the mixture of volcanic ash or pulverized tuff (siliceous), with lime, produces hydraulic (i.e. water- resistant) cement....
2
2

Insulation in an unsheathed wall?
We are remodeling the kitchen at my in-laws house and just getting ready to insulate. The house is about 100 years old, and does not have any sheathing, just siding boards nailed directly to the studs...
15
15

facade inspection key points
Does anyone know what are common potential problems for Exterior building walls and their repair solutions.
11
11

NYC A/E firm marketing stradegy
All, I am a professional engineer in NY. my parterner and I just opened an Architect / Engineer firm. Does anyone have good marketing stradegy how to get business? thanks a lot Jay Zhu. PE
8
8

Paint Sprayer ?
I have never used a paint sprayer before. I have a wooden shed, and a large gazebo (with many spindles, that would take a long time to paint with a brush), and I was wondering if I should try a basic...
9
9

PVC pipe experiment
I want to make a simple triangle using nothing but PVC pipe. Using wood it is simple and easy to make. Just cut the boards to length, cut the angles and nail. The angle for each triangle corner is 60...
8
8

nibs on wall after painting
Hello to all: I have a quick question regarding what I might have done wrong painting the upstairs bedroom closet. To start, enlarged the closet, so new drywall went up. Put 2 coats of drywall primer...
4
4

what is a "moment frame"?
Looking through the simpson strong tie web site I came across this page call this structure a "moment frame". So what exactly is a "moment"? Is it something similar to a "bent in" or "bay" as used in...
1
1

Foam Roof
A recoat is a protective coating layer that extends the life expectancy of a foam roof. With no recoating, a ocean seven roofing will last 20-30 years. However, with recoating, Foam roofs from ocean...
2
2

Wood Floor Trusses
I am looking at the probability of building a house soon using a wood floor truss system rather than a concrete slab. I've been looking at dozens of web sites for manufacturers and the one big thing...
7
7

Will my floor support my new kitchen table?
We just bought a new kitchen table. With chairs, the table weighs approximately 450 kg (1166 pounds) Our kitchen is approximately 19 feet X 11 feet. We are living in a rented house in the Netherlands,...
14
14

Paying big money for poor quality and disrespect
Coming Pole barn builder review website. The time has come for us to stop paying the price for their mistakes. Darrin Wilkerson Construction LLC. Beware of this contractor. I hired Darrin Wilkerson of...
1
1

Diy and Kitchen Supplier
ordering and stock check availability A full range of Tooling supplies from Complete Tools & Fixings, Nottingham.

How do you post a bid for a general contractor?
What is the normal procedure for finding a general contractor to work with? Post an ad in a local newspaper or what?
8
8