Worst Household Chores ?

Hi folks, just wondered what the general opinion was on the worst household chore. Got to be a two horse race between cleaning the inside of the windows and cleaning the oven.

We are considering taking on an Oven Cleaning franchise but are curious about the market. Would you pay =A340 to have someone overhaul your oven ?

Chris

Reply to
chris.suzi

As far as the things I must do on a regular basis: I hate folding clothes. I don't mind washing them, just folding.

If it were up to me, they just wouldn't get folded and I would just keep them in the basket (unless they are hang-up clothes that wrinkle).

But my husband doesn't like that idea, and he makes comments (in fun) about the clothes in the basket and on top of the dryer. Many times he just folds them himself. (We are both retired.)

Donna

P.S. As far as things to be done less often, I guess it would be cleaning out closets.

Reply to
Donna in Texas

I have a self cleaning oven (NJ USA) so I don't care about that. And I don't mind doing the inside of window either....now the outside is =

a different story. Actually, Someone is coming tomorrow to clean my=20 windows. it's costing me 120 USD for 13 windows and 2 sliding doors,=20 inside and out. The thing I hate to do the most is mowing the lawn and vacuuming. I=20 bought a Roomba though.

bonnie in NJ

Reply to
rosebud

No. I have a self cleaning oven for the very reason that I hate to do that. But, if it wasn't, I wouldn't pay to have someone come and do it.

-- Piper

Reply to
Piper

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

I don't have a self cleaning oven, but I do have a hard surface steam cleaner. Prior to purchasing the $50 steam cleaner I'd have been willing to pay to have my oven cleaned. Now I can clean it in 10-15 minutes with steam rather than a chemical oven cleaner. I would not consider paying for an oven cleaning service.

Cleaning the windows has never bothered me.

In home laundry folding, hanging, & pressing I'd consider.

Jessica

Reply to
Jessica V.

I can't stand cleaning the inside of the shower. I think we can agree that the inside of things are the worst. :)

Now, if they had removable parts that we can take outside and scrub down, it would be much better.

Reply to
julisue

I hate cleaning the oven! I used to do that when I worked as a maid, and some of those ovens resembled the innards of a Jiffy Lube shop. My own oven doesn't require cleaning very often, but when I clean it no matter how thoroughly I wipe off the foam there's still a residue. Therefore the first time I use the oven after cleaning, it practically makes me gag for a few minutes.

We are considering taking on an Oven Cleaning franchise but are curious about the market. Would you pay £40 to have someone overhaul your oven ?

Chris

Reply to
Amy Mathis

What brand do you have? Is it usable for toilets and showers also?

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary Brown