Woolen baby shawl

I have a white wool baby shawl which my mother crocheted for my new born daughter 30 years age and I have had it stored away. Now that my daughter is pregnant I thought it would be nice for her, but unfortunately it has light yellow stains in places which so far with soaking it and washing, I have not been able to remove them. Any help would be appreciated . Thank you. Yvonne Le Breton
Murray Le Breton wrote:

Vinegar in water ( tablespoon per pint ) may help. You can soak the garment or apply the fluid with a sponge.
Sincerely, Choreboy

Hi Yvonne,
Try Hydrogen peroxide, it should be safe on wool. Simply add it neat to the stained area, leave it for 5 mins and then flush it away with cold water. Don't scub or rub the area otherwise you will felt it.
Hope this helps
--
DrClean
www.DrClean.co.uk