WINDOW CLEANING

Any good tips ? Thanks Jim
Jim Mac wrote:

2 Get a bucket and a few cloths 3 choose one of about a million suggestions for cleanning solutions (really, anything willl work) people will be submitting them soon. See mine below. 4 wet the cloth, wipe, wipe wipe. 5 Squeegee off. (practice, practice, practice.) 6 mop the edges and drips with a dry cloth: DO NOT "RUB" "POLISH" "DRY" or touch the middle of the glass in any way. 7 ignore anone that suggests Windex and towels, paper towels, newspaper, old diapers, used undershirts, dryer sheets, down pillows, etc.
POSSIBLE WINDOW CLEANING SOLUTIONS: a bucket of water. a bucket of water with two drops of Dawn. a bucket of water with some ammonia. a bucket of water with Mr. Clean. a bucket of water with Murphy's oil soap. a bucket of water with carwash. a bucket of water with vinegar. a bucket of water with rubbing alchohol. a bucket of water with "race gas". a bucket of water with any combination of the previous.
Best of luck! Chicken Finger

I totally agree. The only thing I would suggest that you consider is using a window scrubber instead of the rags. The scrubber is less messy for me than the rags. You can get them as "stand alone" items or double-headed in combination with the squeegee. In any combination, they are made to fit onto extension polls. This makes cleaning out-of-reach windows easy and safe, eliminating the need for a ladder.
Vox Humana wrote:

tilting" exterior work, or second floor stuff with poles. Inside, it may prove to be a bit cumbersome, and an unneeded expense in any case other than pole work.
About the squeegee, Do not buy the one that looks like it belongs in the bucket at the gas station; thick rubber with a dorky long handle. Buy one with a thin rubber blade, in a metal channel to support it. The channel should be connected to a hollow handle , to which the poles we refer to connect. You remember, the one that the janitor used to escape from the elevator in the World Trade Center. YOu can never have too many good tools.
Chicken Finger

You have a good memory. Do you remember a lot of specifics about 9/11? Do you think many people recall the custodian using the squeegee as an escape tool? To be honest, that's not a detail I keep handy, but instantly remembered it.
Sometimes, I think I remember a little too much.
Zildjian: world class cymbal of excellence.
Michael A. Ball wrote:

Do you remember a lot of specifics about 9/11? That day started out SUPER wierd for me. Yes, I remember many of the personal detais of the day. (like which toilet I was scrubbing when the second tower was hit, etc.)

remember because one of the group looked like Morgan Freeman, and one of them always wore sunglasses. To be honest, that's not a detail I keep handy, but

clean, but if you spray some smellum near the door, people will remember cleanliness, and think of it while looking at your incomplete work, and be more likely satisfied.

Sweet Dreams! Chicken Finger

Thanks for all the good hints!! Jim