Window cleaning

Hi, I can't get a window cleaner and I don't fancy climbing up ladders, so does anyone know if those sponge on a long pole things are any good for cleaning the outside of windows? Or is there a better way? Thanks, Derek

Reply to
DiddyS

Derek, Windex has a product (I forget the name) that you can attach to a garden hose, to clean windows. I haven't used it, so I can't give a recommendation, sorry, but I've seen commercials for it.. hth.. lucy

Reply to
lucy

I LIKE THE OUTSIDE WINDEX. IT HOOKS RIGHT TO YOUR HOSE. I USE IT ALL THE TIME. WYLLADENE

Reply to
~WILLIE~

My DH ran around to find that product and washed all the outside windows with it. He seemed to have fun doing it & it did an ok job.

Even if the job wasn't perfect, he now feels like using it again. The more he uses it, the cleaner the windows will be.

Previously, we hadn't cleaned the outsides of the windows in years.

Reply to
montana wildhack

Oh dear. I suppose sometimes the rain washes off a window thereby enabling one to see out but quite frankly if I didn't do my windows at least once a month I may as well block them off. I do have lots of traffic on a main road nearby at the front and the back gets sticky sycamore and the normal dust. perhaps you live in an environment where they don't get so dirty?

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Oh pshaw, on Sun 09 Jul 2006 03:31:08p, Mrs Bonk meant to say...

We get dust storms and very little rain, but the dust does accumulate. A quick wash with some vinegar water and then squeegee them off and they're sparkling again. We don't really wash them often.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

They don't get terribly dirty, plus we have low standards!

Reply to
montana wildhack

Me too and they get lower and lower. The standards, that is.

Reply to
pixi

Do as the professionals, Use Liquid DAWN dish soap!

It is amazing, works perfectly and is very inexpensive. Hose/rinse windows, scrub with brush/pad etc. using sudsy mixture of Dawn and water, then rinse! There you go, clean sparkling windows for a few cents!

Amazing..:)

pixi wrote:

Reply to
none