whitening clothes

Does anyone have tips on whitening clothes that have spandex or other stretchy material in them. I have some items that say not to use bleach but they look a bit yellowed.

thanks, Bonnie

Reply to
Bonnie Jean

On Mon 21 Feb 2005 04:16:02a, Bonnie Jean wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

Soak in washing soda.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

thanks Wayne

Soak in washing soda.

Reply to
Bonnie Jean

-> On Mon 21 Feb 2005 04:16:02a, Bonnie Jean wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

->

-> > Does anyone have tips on whitening clothes that have spandex or other

-> > stretchy material in them. I have some items that say not to use bleach but

-> > they look a bit yellowed.

-> >

-> > thanks,

-> > Bonnie

->

-> Soak in washing soda.

Washing soda?

Reply to
Suzie-Q

On Mon 21 Feb 2005 07:02:30p, Suzie-Q wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

Similar to baking soda. See comparison here...

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

You're welcome. BTW, chlorine bleach will actually cause synthetics to become even more yellowed, in addition to damaging the fibers.

Good luck!

Wayne

On Mon 21 Feb 2005 02:40:03p, Bonnie Jean wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

or try washing in cream of tartar

Reply to
marci stroman

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:20:24 GMT, "marci stroman" scribbled:

How much would you use?

Nan

Reply to
Nan

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Nan at snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote on 2/26/05 2:31 PM:

Whink. At Walmart.

Reply to
FH

Have you no shame?

Reply to
nuttynob

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, nuttynob at snipped-for-privacy@spamfreenob.com wrote on 3/1/05 8:49 PM:

Sorry, lololol. Where's Marcey?

Reply to
FH

spotted her in ac-c causing trouble for Mrs Bonk

Reply to
nuttynob