White film of dust is appearing in our bedroom

All of a sudden, about 3 weeks ago, a white powderey film started to show up on everything in our bedroom. It's only in our bedroom and not a problem in the rest of the house. We just got a new furnace one week ago and we're still having the problem. Anybody have any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks,

JK

Reply to
Josh King

Are you running a humidifier or vaporizer in the bedroom? The minerals in water will cause a white dust.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

Good point. In fact, if the new furnace has a new humidifier and the bedroom is the first duct off the main run, the dust might be from the furnace. The humidifier might just now be turning on since outdoor temperature and humidity is dropping in cold climates. I have seen some central humidifiers that are simply valves with a tiny opening that sprays a very fine mist of water into the supply air of the furnace. I would try turning off any humidifiers for a few days and see if the condition improves.

Reply to
Vox Humana

: >Thanks, : >

: >JK : : Are you running a humidifier or vaporizer in the bedroom? The : minerals in water will cause a white dust. : : Nan :

Reply to
570-622-6441

Reply to
Hank Sniadoch