Which report

DYSON and Hoover appliances are among the most unreliable on the market, the consumer watchdog Which? says.

interesting read I thought but I can't say I agree. look at this:

"Which? found that the average cost of repairing a washing machine was about £30,"

How can this be true? If they mean calling someone in to do the repair then I can't see it. A call out charge is at least this. Am I reading it wrong?

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

With any name-brands, there are good ones and lemons. If the appliance is over 6 years old and repair exceeds 20% of a new item, I'd probably replace it. I havn't heard of Dyson, but it's unlikely I'd buy a another Hoover product. I like Panasonic, JennAir, Maytag, Amana, and maybe Whirlpool or Kenmore. Brands do change their quality over time. Also I like to see where (country) the product is made.

Reply to
Phisherman

Read between the lines. The magazine must have asked owners if the machine had ever failed to work properly, and many of the remedies cost nothing.

How about the 16-year-old college student who drowned himself in January? How come the paper didn't print the story until today?

How about the 12-year-old girl who tried to hang a five-year-old? The cops let her go, then arrested her again.

How about the cops who killed the decorator who had a table leg in a bag? They thought it might be a rifle.

How about Britain's rejecting the EU so they can make people work more than 48 hours a week?

How about Kenny Richey?

How about the dance teacher's affair with the fifteen-year-old boy?

You missed all the good parts. As for Dyson, this report doesn't even mention the fact that he bit off somebody's ear.

Reply to
Choreboy

Most people over at rec.food.equipment HATE JennAir. Mine is crap. I would never buy another JennAir product.

Reply to