Which report

DYSON and Hoover appliances are among the most unreliable on the market, the consumer watchdog Which? says. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1637034,00.html An interesting read I thought but I can't say I agree. look at this:
"Which? found that the average cost of repairing a washing machine was about 30,"
How can this be true? If they mean calling someone in to do the repair then I can't see it. A call out charge is at least this. Am I reading it wrong?

With any name-brands, there are good ones and lemons. If the appliance is over 6 years old and repair exceeds 20% of a new item, I'd probably replace it. I havn't heard of Dyson, but it's unlikely I'd buy a another Hoover product. I like Panasonic, JennAir, Maytag, Amana, and maybe Whirlpool or Kenmore. Brands do change their quality over time. Also I like to see where (country) the product is made.

then
wrong?
Most people over at rec.food.equipment HATE JennAir. Mine is crap. I would never buy another JennAir product.
Mrs Bonk wrote:

Read between the lines. The magazine must have asked owners if the machine had ever failed to work properly, and many of the remedies cost nothing.
How about the 16-year-old college student who drowned himself in January? How come the paper didn't print the story until today?
How about the 12-year-old girl who tried to hang a five-year-old? The cops let her go, then arrested her again.
How about the cops who killed the decorator who had a table leg in a bag? They thought it might be a rifle.
How about Britain's rejecting the EU so they can make people work more than 48 hours a week?
How about Kenny Richey?
How about the dance teacher's affair with the fifteen-year-old boy?
You missed all the good parts. As for Dyson, this report doesn't even mention the fact that he bit off somebody's ear.