What did you check out in someone else's house.

Page 2 of 2
Don't forget to freshen up the landscape, too. If the mulch is old, put a thin layer of fresh on top. If the bushes need trimming and the grass needs mowing,.. etc. You get the idea.
Yes, I know its February and most likely this isn't practical advice, but on a warm day, it won't hurt to just clean up some of the winter blues off your lawn.

We're in California. I've already planted roses (got them in just in time - if I'd waited it would have been too late for bare roots) and done light gardening. We're planning on having a landscaping company work on the front, but everybody so far is busy, so we may end up doing it ourselves. I did buy a pair of urns and some topiary junipers for the front that I think will compliment the columns on the porch nicely. :-)
Diane

needs
on
your

Smell is the strongest sense linked to memory--so states a current TV commercial.
Someone recommended baking some fresh bread whenever prospective buyers were due. {I can just smell the bread right now!} When I die, I want to go where dogs go!

The other recommendations that I have seen are cookies and putting a pot of that simmering potpourri on the stove or in a crock pot. Maybe on of the new Fabreeze scent disks would be a good investment. http://www.scentstories.com/index.php?flash

I agree that smell is a big thing, we bought our house in spite of a bad dog smell, but I remember one thing was seeing a floor fan in a den ( we live in a hot climate) which made me think the ac wasn't up to par. Another was a homeowner had a sewing pattern laid out on her bed. At that time I sewed too and this made me think there was not enough room to have a good place to sew. So I guess it would be making the home look accommodating for day to day living.