weird red spots on garage ceiling after Ivan

I posted on alt.home.repair but am getting no answers - thought I'd try over here... _______________________________ Had heavy water come sideways in through my ridge vents... went out to the car after the power went off and noticed what looked like a spot of blood on the garage floor. Flicked the flashlight up to the ceiling and saw these blood red spots. I grabbed my digital camera and am glad I did because the next morning there were big water spots but not these weird red drops...

I did go up the next day and there is nothing up there over the garage but the rafters and the back of the drywall.

Roof was replaced about two years ago and I have the roofing guy coming out to see if there is more problem than just Ivan.

Garage is 35 years old so I think this has to be exhaust condensation due to the supersaturation of the drywall.

any other ideas? you ever see anything like this?

Reply to
Sterling