Water ??? stain on dining table

We have a white mark that has appeared on our dining room table and the only thing I can think of is having put a dish on there that was wet, but I was not sure if it is that which has caused the stain.

I have tried all kinds of things but it looks like it is now part of the tabel, which is really annoying.

Reply to
Dino M

I'm guessing your table is wood with a poly finish. Water seeps under the finish causing a white mark. With a small dab of mayonnaise on a cloth gently rub the white area. The white mark should disappear. Use a paste wax over the table, wait for a haze, and buff with a soft cloth. For Canadian/USA readers, I recommend Johnson's Paste wax or Butcher's wax. Wax will help protect from future water damage, but wax is short-lived.

Reply to
Phisherman