washing silk rug

I have a small (18" X 36") silk rug. It's old and in need of a good cleaning. Last year I had it dry cleaned and it came back nearly as grungy. I'd like to wash it in the bathtub. It is still silky and soft and I would like it to stay that way but only cleaner. Any ideas?

If it is of value, I would send it to a company that specializes in cleaning rugs. You could ask a rug dealer for a referral.