Washing Powder Residue

I had a problem with small white lumps of washing powder remaining in the laundry at the end of each wash. I eventually discovered that the carton was damp. I have now changed to washing powder tablets of the same brand and the problem has disappeared. Each pair of laundry tablets is sealed in cellophane which keeps out moisture and they are only slightly more expensive.
I have that same problem! I thought I was putting too much in at first but I wasn't because I double checked the suggested amount. I put the powder in on top of the dry laundry, then fill it with water and I think it just stays there, especially with larger loads where it can't move around as easy.
Perhaps putting in the powder in before the clothes would help. I just simply switched to liquid detergent instead
Most likely too many clothes and water too cold but if you need to use powder just mix the soap in some hot water first---fairly hot water but you do not need to dissolve completely = and then pop it in the water
some soaps tell you to fill washer first and then add soap and start and then add clothes - hope this helps
jules wrote:

Right. Many folks overfill their washing machine which results in a poor laundering job and puts a strain on the washing machine. Clothes need to move freely and should never rise above the water during agitation. I like to dissolve powder soaps in hot water before adding to the tub. Inexpensive white vinegar in the water softener dispenser will help remove soap residue, neutralize the pH, and eliminate odors.
On 3 Nov 2006 15:17:27 -0800, "joyfulheart(Marilyn Christine)"