Washing An Autographed Shirt

Hi,
We got our daughter a shirt autographed by her favorite soccer player. It is signed in permanent marker but the club warns about washing it with ordinary detergent. Is there a cleaner that will safely clean this shirt without damaging the autograph?
Thanks, Gary
On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 00:58:35 -0400, "Gary Brown"

Maybe. It would be best not to wash (or wear) the shirt. The mildest method might be to hand wash in cold water using a very small amount of Woolite.