Vomit odor out of foam mattress pad

Hi, I know, this is gross. :) Is there a way to clean a foam mattress pad? It won't fit in the wash so I'm wondering, should I just throw it out and get a new one or try cleaning it with the garden hose? There are no visible stains, just odor. I would appreciate any easy solutions, otherwise, I'll just throw it out and get a new one. It's pretty new itself which is why I'm even considering washing it.

Thanks, Sheila

Reply to
Sheila

Can you take it to a coin laundry? They often have over-sized machines. If not, and there is only odor, not any debris, then I would try Fabreze or the Resolve brand of odor neutralizer. Cleaning it with Odoban may also work. If you can put it outside in the sun that may also help.

Reply to
Vox Humana

I've used a product called "Unique Odor and Stain Eater". It's concentrated, and you mix it with water. I bought it at our local hardware store, but here's the company info:

Unique Manufacturing and Marketing, Inc.

5778 Lamar Arvada, CO 80002 1-800-221-3259

(I'm not affiliated with the company in any way.... just a very satisfied customer)

Nan

Reply to
Nan

Yucko! That is one thing I don't miss as an elementary school computer teacher. Any school janitor should be able to resolve your issue.

Reply to
Phisherman

How funny. I live North of Arvada. I decided to toss it. It only cost $5. :) I got nauseous every time I tried to find the spot by smelling. Thank you everyone.

Sheila

Reply to
Sheila

Yeah, for $5 you can buy a new one that won't upset you :-)

Oh, that product is great for urine stains (pet and human).

Nan

Reply to
Nan

Replace it. Trying to clean it is probably going to cost you about as much in cleaning products, and quite a bit of time.

Reply to
jamie

You're never going to be happy with this, no matter how successful a cleaning operation. Toss and get a new one. Unless the vomit is a regular problem and it's not *you* sleeping above the pad. In that case, other posters have offered good cleaning solutions. :-)

Reply to
Frogleg