Vinegar for cleaning.

Hi all,

When it's suggested to use Vinegar for cleaning........ are they talking about white or brown vinegar? or does it not matter?

-- ...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:- ¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Raelene -:¦:-

-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* xxx

Reply to
Raels

Dunno. I always use white vinegar, cause I can get it in large sizes for cheap.

Reply to
Elana Kehoe

White. The apple vinegar (brown) is quite expensive for cleaning. Either will work, though. I buy the white vinegar by the gallon (for cleaning), the brown vinegar by the quart (for cooking and salads).

Reply to
Phisherman

That's strange. They cost the same where I shop. Apple cider vinegar has slightly more sugar (5.9g/100g) than distilled vinegar (5g/100g). I would think that as a cleaner, less sugar is better.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Try to always get white vinegar (or preferably acetic acid).

-- DrClean

The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

Reply to
DrClean

Plain ol' white vinegar. It's amazing how many things it can be used for! And how heap it is! I paid $1.59 for a gallon the other day; since I rarely use it at full-strength, I basically get two gallons of an all-natural cleaner for $1.60!!

I've been using it for a bunch of stuff in my all-natural cleaning business, and for some reason never had tried it on glass shower doors until about two weeks ago. I can't believe how well it works to get the soap scum off! I carry a spray bottle of 50/50 vinegar/water all the time; spray generously on the glass, let it sit a few minutes if super-grimey, wipe off with a cotton cloth, and buff-dry with another dry cotton cloth.

A quick hint in case the smell is off-putting to you: add a few drops of an essential oil into the bottle (I'm partial to orange). Helps make the smell a little more bearable (though the vinegar smell does dissipate quickly). Give the spray bottle a little shake before you spray!

Learn more recipes using vinegar and other "make your own" house cleaners at my website -

- Michael

Reply to
www.4naturalcleaning.com