Vinegar for cleaning.

Hi all,
When it's suggested to use Vinegar for cleaning........ are they talking about white or brown vinegar? or does it not matter? -- ... )) -::- . .)) ((. .. Raelene -::- -::- ((.* xxx

Dunno. I always use white vinegar, cause I can get it in large sizes for cheap.
--
"In Finnegans Wake, he just made up words.
Now that's just not sporting!"

White. The apple vinegar (brown) is quite expensive for cleaning. Either will work, though. I buy the white vinegar by the gallon (for cleaning), the brown vinegar by the quart (for cooking and salads).

That's strange. They cost the same where I shop. Apple cider vinegar has slightly more sugar (5.9g/100g) than distilled vinegar (5g/100g). I would think that as a cleaner, less sugar is better.

-- DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web
Plain ol' white vinegar. It's amazing how many things it can be used for! And how heap it is! I paid $1.59 for a gallon the other day; since I rarely use it at full-strength, I basically get two gallons of an all-natural cleaner for $1.60!!
I've been using it for a bunch of stuff in my all-natural cleaning business, and for some reason never had tried it on glass shower doors until about two weeks ago. I can't believe how well it works to get the soap scum off! I carry a spray bottle of 50/50 vinegar/water all the time; spray generously on the glass, let it sit a few minutes if super-grimey, wipe off with a cotton cloth, and buff-dry with another dry cotton cloth.
A quick hint in case the smell is off-putting to you: add a few drops of an essential oil into the bottle (I'm partial to orange). Helps make the smell a little more bearable (though the vinegar smell does dissipate quickly). Give the spray bottle a little shake before you spray!
Learn more recipes using vinegar and other "make your own" house cleaners at my website - http://www.4naturalcleaning.com .
- Michael