Vacuum Cleaner

Hi Folks,

I have a question regarding a Kenmore vacuum cleaner. We recently bought a brand new house with wall to wall carpeting upstairs and since we moved in 3 months ago, vacuumed the rooms probably 2-3 times with our older up-right vacuum. After we bought the Kenmore canister this past weekend, my wife decided to give this unit a test and vacuumed two bedrooms. As she was vacuuming we noticed the unti was accumulating carpet fibers around the edges and the top of the rolloing floor head. When we opened up the compartment that holds the bag, we realized that it was half full with carpet fibers. Now my question is, is this normal? Is there anything wrong with the vacuum or our carpets that needs to be starightened out?

I would really appreciate if you could shed some light.

Thanks. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Soran

New carpet sheds like crazy. It will slow down after you have vacuumed it for a couple of months. You old sweeper probably has a worn beater bar and isn't cleaning as well as the new sweeper.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Jerry,

In your note, you said that you vacuum once a month, so like most folks, you probably almost never changed your bag on your old vacuum. Perhaps it had a bottom-fill bag, which clog up very quickly. The reason that your "new" machine worked so well is the new bag.

The only problem with your carpet is that it is probably FILTHY. The fluff-n-crap that you picked up was probably ground up and shredded by the sand left in your carpet, rototilled in by your "old" machine.

Reply to
570-622-6441

Can anyone comment on the Dyson vacuum cleaners? Some think they are excellent due to great suction that does NOT decrease with an older bag in it.

Bonnie

Reply to
BonnieJean