Vacume cleaner help

Hi, I could use some advice. Here's the situation.... I live in a 880 sq ft aparmtent with carpeting on all but kitchen & bathroom floors. Currently using a Fantom Fury bagless upright purchased in 98. At first I really liked this vacume but it wasn't made the greatest. It's hard to put the dust cup back on after you take it off to dump it, you have to whack it to get it to stay on....it loose suction as it fills up....using attachements suck....also due to health issues it has gotten harder for me to push it around.

I've been thinking about buying a new vacume and switching to a canister vac, I've never had one before. My Mom has gone thru 4 vacums in about 8 years. 1st being a Fantom Thunder bagless upright (which is why I purchased the fury), after a few months she had problems with the motor clogging up. Then she went to a hoover self propelled bagless uprgiht, had tons of problems with things breaking. Then a dirt devil uprgiht (don't recall if bagless or not), at first she suggested it to me as it was very lightweight and easy to move around. Then she started having problems with it burning out the belts and with it falling over whenever you used the attachements. This past week she purchased a Kenmoore progressive cannister vac model #25614 or #25615, not sure which as they are both pretty much the same. She loves it. I tried to find some reviews on this model at epinions.com and there were none. I said I'd never go back to using bags again, but the more I think about it the more it wouldn't bother me.

Need advice from anyone who has this vacume or a similar one or has any suggestions for me. I need something that will clean the carpets well as I can't remove them since I rent. I also want a power hand held attachement for cleaning my furniture. Need something easy to use, easy to store, that has lots of suction, etc. Lisa

Reply to
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I have a Panasonic vacuum (11 amps) with several attachments. I've used it since 1992 and it's still going strong. I wore out one belt and the tube holder broke, but I repaired the holder. Having the attachments is important to me as this allows cleaning into crevices, especially where the carpet meets the baseboard. It reaches into the ceiling-wall crack to remove dust and cobwebs. I buy bags online. This upright is great on carpets, easy to store, quiet, somewhat lightweight and has a long cord. Sadly, Hoover vacuums aren't what they used to be. You may want to check out Consumer Reports for specific makes and models.

Reply to
Phisherman