Vaccum Cleaners

I am in the market for a new vac...I find the choice almost overwhelming, do you have a favorite...the sweeper would be used for a split level all carpeted home and one inside dog....I know there are $400.0 dollar plus machines...wanting to get something under $200.0 if possible...tnx..Gary

Reply to
Gary Boyer

take a look at riccar supralite. i have one and love it. it is a upright,but it is higher than 200 but a lot less than 400. it is metal and plastic and made in usa.

Reply to
charlie

Check Consumer Reports. They rate them periodically, and I believe they just did another rating a few months ago.

My Hoover is the one they rated tops at the time I bought it, and it does very well. It uses air filter (Z) bags, which are stronger than ordinary bags.

I'd never get a bagless vac. I tried >I am in the market for a new vac...I find the choice almost overwhelming, do

Reply to
Laura

Gary Boyer wrote: : I am in the market for a new vac...I find the choice almost overwhelming, do : you have a favorite...the sweeper would be used for a split level all : carpeted home and one inside dog....I know there are $400.0 dollar plus : machines...wanting to get something under $200.0 if possible...tnx..Gary

My Oreck just bit the dust. Good riddance. I have heavy duty vacuuming needs, with 2 shedding dogs and 3 shedding cats, and the Oreck just isn't up to the job, IME. I borrowed my mom's Hoover Windtunnel - it is wonderful. Good suction, onboard tools which work beautifully. Disadvantages are that it is VERY heavy and noisy. I'm not sure of the cost, but it must be cheaper than that !(*$!()*$)!#*! oreck.

Good luck, Tammy Sacramento, California

Reply to
TammyM

Reply to
davefr

take my advice and get rid of the rugs--they will constantly torment you--most people who buy rugs will never never buy another

hth

peter

Reply to
ilaboo

If you waant a machine that will work well, last a lifetime, and not break your budget, get a Sanitaire. No, not the chintzy plastic one, but the one that you saw your gradeschool janitor using. They come with a dust cup (not good if yor dog is a shedder), or a shake-out cloth bag, or paper bags. The paper bags (style F&G) are available everywhere.

If you somehow, possibly, ever break or wear out a part, they are inexpensive and ubiquitous.

Reply to
win-ho-lee