Tri Star MG 1 Question

A tri star vacuum MG 1 with life time warranty on all moving parts including the hose

2 yr on the plastics electrical is lifetime life time wetless shampoo 2 extra hepa filters $1598 tax incl.......3 month differed

1st the salesman tried to sell it to me for $2500.00 with all the warranty's but I told the salesman I was not even considering it. The salesman said it was at the F&R price = friend and relatives price

Just curious if it is a good deal or not

Thanks

Reply to
m50cal

It's a scam. You need to RUN from "deals" like this. For $1500 you could have a very nice central vacuum system installed in your home. As for the guarantee, it's only as good as your ability to find someone to honor it. People who sell this stuff are usually hit and run artists who canvass neighborhood and use high pressure sales techniques. You won't see them again and chances are you won't see the lifetime supply of shampoo either.

These reviews of another Tri Star vacuum weren't very impressive. They cite poor performance, bad customer service, machines that over-heat, and machines that failed within weeks.

If you are intent on getting this unit, there is one (new) one Ebay for an asking price of $750.
My recommendation would be to go to a reputable store and get a decent vacuum like a Miele.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Ya a Miele was recommended to me also. I wanted an input because I know allot but vacuums I do not.So tomorrow I am going to see about a Miele. The store I called said the tri star is worth about 500 - 600 bucks no more than that. Ya thanks I will take that into great consideration. I will contact the salesman tomorrow after I go to the vacuumed store an give him the bad news

Thanks

Rick

m50cal

I bet he will offer the machine to you in the $500-600 price range if you tell him that's all it's worth. Even at that, I would not buy it. It just encourages people to victimize others. If you browse the net, you will read many stories of these people selling $2500 machines to senile elderly folks who really can't afford to spend their Social Security checks on overpriced goods. Furthermore, if you have to buy special bags, filters, and belts, you will continue to pay exorbitant prices to these multi-level marketers for the life of the machine.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Im still waiting for the sales person to come get the demo tri star...........lol I went to a miele dealer here in the city and got a good deal. The white one S 500 Series. So far excellent machine and very quiet, the hepa filter inside is excellent.

Very impressed

Miele = 10...........Tri Star = 4

Reply to
m50cal

Glad to hear it. I was at Lowe's yesterday and I see they are now selling Electrolux vacuums. That might be a good second choice. I'm hoping for a whole house unit next time around.

Reply to
Vox Humana