toilet scratched/stained

My husband had to snake our toilet, but in doing so the porcelain became scratched/stained from the snake or its housing in a few places. It looks horrible. Anyone have any ideas of how to get out the scratch/stain. I have tried steel wool and a comet paste so far. Thanks. Fraida Cohen
You could try bailing the water out of the bowl and drying it. Then try painting one of those porcelain repair products on the scratches and stains if nothing else is working to remove them.